A ChatBot is a computer program designed to communicate with human users via the Internet. For example, any user can ask an inquiry or statement to the bot, and the bot will respond immediately. It allows a form of communication between machines and humans, mainly through voice commands or messages. It can answer human language questions and respond like a human. It also provides responses based on a combination of default scripts and machine learning applications.
When ChatBot is asked a question, it will respond based on the knowledge and understanding of the database available at that time. If the conversation introduces a concept that has not been programmed to be understood, it will either distract the conversation or pass the communication to a human operator. Currently, many e-commerce companies are looking at different ways of using chatbots to improve Customer Experience. Whether for shopping, ticket booking, or just for customer service.
Types of ChatBots:
- Support Chatbots: Support chatbots, which are designed to handle a specific problem, require context awareness, personality, and multi-turn functionality. They should be able to guide a user through a business process and respond to a wide range of frequently asked questions. To perform tasks, most support chatbots use deep learning and natural language processing. For support chatbots, speech recognition is an optional feature.
A customer service chatbot is useful in a variety of businesses, including retail, human resources, digital marketing, and healthcare. In all of these industries, the use of chatbots for consumer services is becoming a requirement, as it saves money and enhances customer happiness.
- Skills Chatbots: It’s a one-turn chatbot that doesn’t necessitate a lot of context information. It can just do an action by obeying an instruction. With its speech recognition capability, a skills chatbot, for example, can easily obey the order “turn on the lights.” A powerful NLP function is required for a skills chatbot, as well as the ability to work quickly. Though Alexa is a bot that may be divided into numerous sorts of chatbots, it has a wonderful skills chatbots feature.
- Assistant Chatbots: Assistant bots, like support bots, must be capable of conversing and answering questions. To keep users interested, they must also be amusing. Siri, Apple’s most successful example of an assistant bot, can not only aid the user with a variety of activities such as retrieving news, conducting a Google search, setting reminders, and so on, but also answers in a humorous manner if it doesn’t comprehend the inquiry.
Trending Bot Articles:
2. Automated vs Live Chats: What will the Future of Customer Service Look Like?
4. Chatbot Vs. Intelligent Virtual Assistant — What’s the difference & Why Care?
Advantages of Chatbots:
- 24/7 Availability: According to research, more than half of customers want a firm to be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Maintaining a 24-hour response system ensures that the seller and the client are in constant contact. Bots that can’t answer simple customer questions, even if they’re available 24 hours a day, don’t bring value.
- Instant Answers: An operator can focus on one customer and address one question at a time. A chatbot, on the other hand, may answer thousands of inquiries at once. Instant responses are possible because of the cloud, the internet, and software procedures.
- Consistent Answers: When a consumer speaks with a customer support representative, there is no guarantee that subsequent representatives will respond in the same way. Whether a customer service representative is unhelpful, the customer may be tempted to call again to see if the next representative is more helpful.
- Multi-Language: Chatbots have the advantage of being able to support several languages, which is very important for worldwide brands. Chatbots can either ask the user which language they prefer at the start of the chat, or they can detect the user’s preferred language based on their input phrases.
Why businesses should use Chatbots?
- Time and Money Saver: Customers frequently ask the same questions. Your employee’s time is wasted by answering the same questions again and over. Chatbots can answer these frequently asked questions quickly and efficiently, saving you time.
- Eliminate Errors: Chatbots don’t forget things, they follow pre-programmed directions, and they always do what they’re supposed to. As a result, they do not make mistakes.
- Endless patience: While both customer service representatives and customers lose patience from time to time, bots are incapable of doing so. One of the human-related failures is the frustration of the representative and the customer while solving a problem. The representative is expected to be as patient as the organization to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. Chatbots may demonstrate a level of patience that no human can.
- Drive Customers through the Funnel: Chatbots may pitch and persuade consumers with offers, and then turn them into buyers by recommending the proper products. This eliminates product browsing and so facilitates their purchasing process.
Problems while using Chatbots:
- Limited User Attention: Users have a limited amount of time to get replies to their questions and want lightning-fast responses. It’s difficult for businesses to create chatbots that keep users’ interest until the finish. Here, conversational UI plays a crucial role in displaying human-like discussions and providing improved consumer experiences. It encourages more social contacts rather than technical ones. In order for your chatbot to be effective, the discussions should be spontaneous, imaginative, and emotive.
- Lack of convenient software: People find it difficult to find convenient and easy-to-use software to create chatbots.
Cloud Messaging is an easy-to-use and convenient software for every business type! It solves all the problems which people face while creating Chatbot.
Bots can collect and analyze data to take critical action. Chatbots are used to streamline personal tasks or day-to-day activities like parenting, fitness, kids, e-learning, etc. There are many examples where AI has already entered the world of mobile apps and benefitted many sectors such as healthcare.
Chatbots can be game-changing for any business, as chatbots can do almost everything a human can do. They can do it in a much better and faster way. The right chatbot will drive customer service and engagement, complement your market research efforts, generate more quality leads, and would be cost-efficient.
Don’t forget to give us your 👏 !
What is a ChatBot? was originally published in Chatbots Life on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.